Thursday, August 16, 2007

The "Not So Cute" yet sweet thing....


When it rains, I take my hanging baskets down and put them so that they can have a nice shower. A couple of weeks ago I took this one down and noticed a baby bird nest with 2 eggs! One egg was pure white and small and the other was larger and light blue with spots. Within 2 days there was another small pure white one.
Within a week, this is what I saw........



So far only one has hatched. I have never had a bird build a nest and raise babies in one of my hanging baskets, I thought it was so neat! :)

4 comments:

Traci said...

Awww.. Wonder what kind of birdie it will be..
Its crazy to think of how ugly birds start out... so funny..

Cheers, Traci

~ Amy said...

so sweet - looks like a robin! we alwasy have little birds that come back every year - i have to stalk my cat to keep her away! bad kitty! keep us posted!

amy

Willow Tree said...

So sweet!
Brooke

Giraffikiki Kids said...

That is so sweet. I think it does look like a robin! Every year we have doves make a nest in our hanging baskets. So far no cats have reeked havoc! ~ Shelley